Skip to main content

How to Find Time


When I started writing in 2007, I always thought it was easy and that I am a natural in writing. Obviously, I was wrong, as I just could not find time. Interestingly, it did not even come across my mind to write something.
Anyways, finally here I am, after 7 years, 352 days, trying to write something meaningful. Hence, nothing better than starting off with a topic on how to find time to do anything.
Since my last blog,
  • I have become wiser (read it as older)
  • Married with a beautiful/loving/caring wife
  • Manchester United has lost ground on premier league .
  • Obama out and Trump in. (have to include an important historic moment – I am unbiased and leave the readers to their own interpretations)
  • Recognized for helping out (details in upcoming blog)

I don’t have time, I am busy is one off the perennial things everyone hates to hear but love to use! The irony is that, TIME was a witness to everything, but it was us who were engaged in something else (prioritized) or were not interested in doing a specific activity or were just avoiding to do something. Postponing calling your parents, grandparents, not picking up that call from an old friend, or simply not doing something you always loved doing or wanted to do.

My experience have taught me that there are 3 Steps to find time: Changing our thought process, acceptance through honesty and doing our karma:
  1. Changing our thought process - Use “and” instead of “but” – If you have not read about this before, let me explain this a bit. So imagine a situation, where let’s say you want to finish that one assignment you have been wanting to finish and suddenly your buddy calls you and talks about going to a game. Immediately, the human brain gets into an overdrive and the first thought that comes to our mind is “I would love to go to the movie, but I have to finish this assignment” (vice-versa never happens, we are lazy people anyways). Inherently, what has happened is you have made a decision that you can only do one thing and you are now confused. Whatever, output you pick, your brain has already set the tone “I don’t have time for both activities”.
Instead start using “and”. Same thought to be read as, “I would love to go to the movie, and I have this assignment to finish”. Interestingly, you are now asking the brain to accommodate and “find time”. As a next step, an action plan (instead of choice as before when you use “but”) is being formulated by the brain. The action plan would be to say, I will spend 30 minutes on the assignment, then go to the movie, come back spend 3 hrs. to finish the assignment and sleep a little late. Another action plan could be, let me finish the assignment now and do a later show of the movie. In short, you found time to do both activities.
  1. Acceptance through honesty – You will be wondering as to what honesty has got to do with finding time. It is very simple. One of the primary reasons why we say, I don’t have time is because we have expectations of doing everything, which eventually leads us, to start using excuses for not doing something out of the everything. The biggest excuse is “I don’t have time”. Instead of that (dreaming to do everything), if we start focusing on what our priorities are, we will automatically find time to complete the activity. At long last, we don’t have the ability of Gods to do everything (if you are atheist, you are welcome to try to do everything - my beliefs are mine).
  2. Doing your Karma – Now that we have changed our thought process and accepted the facts, the last part is execution (Karma). We often get through the first two stages, but get stuck in the last phase through our sheer laziness. By doing things and not being lazy you are always finding time. I used this last phrase (finding time) in a present continuous form and a result, because it is an ongoing process. Always have the motto that, “If you want to do something, do it now; tomorrow never comes”.

Training you brain to react in an efficient (& not impulsive) way can help to find time and something that will lead to guaranteed success. I am finding time, are you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Nityananda, Bhagavad Gita & lessons for us.

The word Nityananda literally means "Always Happy" (Nitya - Ananda). Looks like our Swamiji has taken one step ahead and has interpreted the word as "Female- Happy" It is way beyond realisation as to why people do it. Well, I guess that's how it is supposed to be for common man like us ("beyond realisation"). It is very discerning to learn that people who are at the position of intelligence or who preach intelligence and spiritualism set examples like this, there by disposing the very common man of his/her faith in the process. Spiritual process is a way beyond what these godman preach and I am a little dazed to point my finger and say the mistake is in our part. As often said, the person getting cheated is to be blamed, I personally feel that the people who gets entangled into this net is the one to blame.Controversial, but just my thoughts.The article below is an ample evidence for the same. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Godmans-flock-sign

My First Post

Wikipedia Definition of BLOG: A blog (a portmanteau of web log ) is a website where entries are written in chronological order and commonly displayed in reverse chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog. Blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject such as food, politics, or local news; some function as more personal online diaries . A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art ( artlog ), photographs ( photoblog ), sketchblog , videos ( vlog ), music ( MP3 blog ), audio ( podcasting ) or sexual topics ( Adult blog ), and are part of a wider network of social media . Micro-blogging is another type of blogging which consists of blogs with very short posts. In May 2007,

Unexpected Recognition

When I was young, the purpose of a phone was to talk to someone and pass on messages or get some updates. Now a day’s phone is much more than that! Right from top of the line cameras to music players to whatever you can think of in a palm sized gadget. With the ever changing technological innovations, it is a must for a person to keep buying new phone to be in sync. What has this got to with recognition? Well, it started with me getting a brand new phone (Samsung Galaxy S8+) in the 1 st week of this year (2018). After so much analysis and deliberations, which my wife can attest to, I got my hands on the beauty and it was an exhilarating experience. Infinity display, telephoto feature, facial recognition, being some of the features. Underlying to the process of buying the phone was me switching cell phone service provider as well. (FIDO to TELUS). Day 1: I am showing it off to my friends/family and unlocking/understanding the various features of the phone. A feeling of