Skip to main content

Peru - Land of good people and amazing place PART 1

This email is to update about my trip to Peru and the good time I had there… J Armed with my new digital SLR camera everything was supposed to be fun….

It was a welcome change for me personally and I honestly enjoyed the entire trip. Peru is a beautiful place and the people over there are extremely good. I made so many friends over there that cannot believe it. The people whom I met and became my friends are in the age range of 6 to 60, from Japan to US, from politically oriented people to backpackers. My trip to was restricted to the Mountain ranges (Cuzco & Puno) and the coast (Lima). I avoided the Amazon area as rabies (vampire Bats) is prevalent there now.

First day: (http://picasaweb.google.com/vnmahe/DayOneCuzoCityTour?authkey=Spiek0RldEw)

I reached Lima on Aug 1st late night and directly went to Cuzco the next morning. My guide came to pick me up from the airport and too me to my accommodation. It was in a family stay and very close to the Plaza De Arms(Main square). Everyone advised me to go to sleep, because Cuzco is t an altitude of 3200m. Taking their words I slept till afternoon and then went to a city tour. I visisted Qorikancha ( Sun temple), the main cathedral, Saqawayman (ruins), Tambomachay (holy water ruins). The entire thing was beautiful as there was very very good things to see. My tour mates were 2 Australians, An Argentine-English Couple, a doctor for New Jersey. Late night I went and had my food and here the altitude sickness started affecting me. I had a very heavy head and it was paining like anything. I took it easy and went to sleep. Sleep was rare but somehow managed to get through the night.

Second Day: (http://picasaweb.google.com/vnmahe/Day2CuzcoSacredValleyOfIncas?authkey=4KqRubTADC4)

Today was the tour to the sacred valley of Incas. The tour started off with an amazing scenic route to the town of Pisaq from Cuzco. The Pisaq place is very famous for its market as here u can buy almost every good things available in Peru. By things I mean sweaters, collectables, etc all exquisite stuffs available. We spent some time here looking at various shops and taking pictures and stuffs like that. From there we went to Tucay (capital) and spend some time there. It was lunch time after that in Urumbamba and then we reached Ollayantaytambo. It was one of the most beautiful places I saw in Peru andoutside peru. It was very very beautiful and we spent a lot of time here. From here we went to Pucara 9another ruins) and visited some places there. We came back to Cuzco and it was very good night. I had met a couple from England during the trip and we went out for a couple of drinks and then to an Indian restaurant for dinner. Homely food something like 25000 miles away from India… the shop was run by a person from India.

Third Day: (http://picasaweb.google.com/vnmahe/CuzcoDay3MachPichu?authkey=nLmM2CLzXqo)

Today I visited Macchu Picchu. Really after visiting I knew why this was included in the wonders of the world.. I tis very very beautiful and has an extremely important historical significance. Machu Pichu is also known as the Lost City of Incas. It is because the Spanish when they invaded Peru in the 15th sentury never found this place. Machu Picju was actually discovered by an American hiker in 1912-1915. Amazing right… because of this particular reason this place provides us with a good idea of the Inca times. All the other places have been plundered by the Spanish and converted into th Spanish times. The Inca temples were all destroyed and churches built in the same place as the temples. Because of this Mach Pichu is significant. The train ride to Agustus calientes took ard 5 hrs and another 30 mins by bus to the site.. The English speaking guide took us around the site and explained all the important things. We had a wonderful time here and I njoyed to the fullest extent. There were so many new things like the Sun view, Sun temple, moon temple and so many new things that I saw and was impressed. The incas were more or less similar to the old india culture and I was surprised as this similarity. I spent more time at the ruins and then came back to Cuzco. Again went out for party in the night and spend some very good time with my new friends. I also met an Irish backpacker and he and his three friends joined us in the night. It was really good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swami Nityananda, Bhagavad Gita & lessons for us.

The word Nityananda literally means "Always Happy" (Nitya - Ananda). Looks like our Swamiji has taken one step ahead and has interpreted the word as "Female- Happy" It is way beyond realisation as to why people do it. Well, I guess that's how it is supposed to be for common man like us ("beyond realisation"). It is very discerning to learn that people who are at the position of intelligence or who preach intelligence and spiritualism set examples like this, there by disposing the very common man of his/her faith in the process. Spiritual process is a way beyond what these godman preach and I am a little dazed to point my finger and say the mistake is in our part. As often said, the person getting cheated is to be blamed, I personally feel that the people who gets entangled into this net is the one to blame.Controversial, but just my thoughts.The article below is an ample evidence for the same. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Godmans-flock-sign

My First Post

Wikipedia Definition of BLOG: A blog (a portmanteau of web log ) is a website where entries are written in chronological order and commonly displayed in reverse chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog. Blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject such as food, politics, or local news; some function as more personal online diaries . A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art ( artlog ), photographs ( photoblog ), sketchblog , videos ( vlog ), music ( MP3 blog ), audio ( podcasting ) or sexual topics ( Adult blog ), and are part of a wider network of social media . Micro-blogging is another type of blogging which consists of blogs with very short posts. In May 2007,

Unexpected Recognition

When I was young, the purpose of a phone was to talk to someone and pass on messages or get some updates. Now a day’s phone is much more than that! Right from top of the line cameras to music players to whatever you can think of in a palm sized gadget. With the ever changing technological innovations, it is a must for a person to keep buying new phone to be in sync. What has this got to with recognition? Well, it started with me getting a brand new phone (Samsung Galaxy S8+) in the 1 st week of this year (2018). After so much analysis and deliberations, which my wife can attest to, I got my hands on the beauty and it was an exhilarating experience. Infinity display, telephoto feature, facial recognition, being some of the features. Underlying to the process of buying the phone was me switching cell phone service provider as well. (FIDO to TELUS). Day 1: I am showing it off to my friends/family and unlocking/understanding the various features of the phone. A feeling of